Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Ragosa Rose


bee
Originally uploaded by juliana de castro
This sweet rose is a vibrant pink color. It makes a great natural fence line. Grown along whimsical split-rail fence brings a lovely addition to any landscaping. When I lived in Indianola, I made a split-rail fence from beach wood. We were just two blocks from the beach and the wood that washed in on the waves during high winds carried with it multitudes of spindrift. The dry wood was bleached gray or whitish and the fence was twisted. Very nice. Rogasa rose twined around it. The thing I did wrong with that yard, was plant things too close together. I learned from my mistakes and in the next yard, I imagined the size the plant would grow to and then plan a good distance from the existing plant. Some folks have trouble doing this imaging. If that's the case, I say measure.

No comments: